Downloading Files from the Map Maker
Once you have photos placed in your map and are ready to print them click the Print button. You do not need the map to be full. You can print one at a time or 50 at a time.
On the next screen select Download Files
Select Your Download Settings
In order for the photos to fit the map, you need to select the size of paper you will be printing on to before downloading the image file(s). The Map Maker will then generate images which - when printed on that size paper - will fit the map exactly.
The default paper size is Letter - 8.5 x 11 in. If this is not the size of paper you plan to print on simply change to the size of your paper using the selector in the Settings menu as seen below.
Once you have the correct paper size selected, click the Download button to download image files.
Printing the Downloaded Files
Most of the time the default settings
The exact way to print the downloaded images depends on many factors. The same basic concepts apply regardless of how you print so we will cover that first then walk through the most common setups on Windows and Mac.
- An image file can be stretched or squashed to print at any size. Your print settings will determine the size of the image once it is printed.
- The name and presentation of print settings vary based on your operating system, the program you use to print them, and the type of printer you are using.
- Adjusting settings such as margins, scale, and fit, will affect the size the image is printed at.
- If you are having trouble getting prints that fit in your map, print in black and white on cheap paper until you figure out the issue.
- Open the image file using the Photos app.
- Click the printer icon (or press Ctrl + P)
- Ensure the Paper Size matches what was selected in the Map Maker, and what is loaded in your printer.
- For Photo Size select Full page.
- For Fit select Fill Page.
Example Windows 10 Print Settings
- Open the image file using the Preview app.
- Select File → Print
- Ensure that Paper Size matches what was selected in the Map Maker.
- Select Scale 100%. Do not select Scale to Fit.
- Change any other settings such as quality settings to your liking.
Example Mac OSX Print Settings
Still Having Trouble?
You can always contact us. In order for us to help troubleshoot the following information is extremely helpful:
- The size of paper you are printing on to.
- A screenshot of your print settings.
- A picture of an image you printed sitting next to your photo map.